Home-baked donuts have been a favorite at our house for years. I've created my own "secret" recipe to make them healthier, and they are still gobbled up in no time. Here is my recipe...
Healthy Chocolate Chip Baked Donuts
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar (I replace with an all-natural sugar substitute called SomerSweet)
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Applesauce
- 1/4 cup Ground Flax Seed
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/3 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, and mix until well blended.
2. If necessary, spray your donut maker surface with PAM.
3. Drop spoonfuls of batter into each donut mold.