If you have stumbled upon this post, you are likely asking yourself "What can I do for mom this Mother's Day?" What you might not realize, moms are generally easy to please. Moms don't expect you to shower them in gifts! The truth is, most moms really just want some time to themselves.
What does mom REALLY want this Mother's Day??
And NO, this does not mean mom can ignore the household responsibilities for the day only to have them build up and she has TWICE the work the day after! This means that the other members of the family give mom a day off and are responsible for taking care of the daily chores for mom... the pick-up, the laundry, the dishes, the cooking! Now this is a REAL treat!
Why this is GREAT NEWS for dads and kids...
You have nothing to plan for, except perhaps dinner. But mom is not going to care if you decide to skip the hassle and take her out to eat that day anyway! You just have to be willing to be in charge of keeping the house standing for one day so mom can use the day as she pleases.
Well, here are some ideas shared by moms...
- Read a book
- Snuggle with her kids and be showered with kisses
- Sleep in and/or Take a nap
- Have a day to herself... perhaps to go shopping, get her hair done, sit and enjoy a coffee in a quiet little coffee shop... a chance to escape the reality of having children dependent on her for one day!
- Not cook!
- Enjoy her favorite hobby
- Be Pampered!
|click for this free printable at Holiday Snob|
Great Gift Ideas for Mom
If you are so inclined to give mom something more on Mother's Day, here are some great ideas. But again, the REAL gift here is the Day Off... these gifts should be seen as the "icing on the cake" if you so chose to give them.
- An appointment or gift certificate for a manicure and/or pedicure
- An appointment or gift certificate for a massage
- An appointment or gift certificate for a facial
- A new book (if she likes to read)
- Flowers to plant in her garden (if she likes to garden)
- Homemade gifts like those below...
at Stephanie Lynn
at Honestly... WTF
at Kitchen Counter Chronicles
at Make and Takes
at Oh Happy Day
at Raegun Ramblings
at Formia Design
Create a Jar of Sunshine Full of Love Notes
at How Does She?
Wishing you all a Happy Mother's Day!