I grew up in the Pacific Northwest in the US. I had no idea what a trifle was until joining my husband and his family in Ontario, Canada. How could I have missed out on this simple and delicious dessert for so many years! My mother-in-law makes the most wonderful trifles, and it wouldn't be a perfect family summer BBQ without one! Fast forward 12.5 years. I'm living in China, making cakes for my expat friends every time the word "party" is mentioned. When it was time to celebrate my Tater-Bug's 6th birthday I was CAKED-OUT!! Her request? "Chocolate cake with whipped cream on it." Chocolate and whipped cream? What better than a chocolate trifle to satisfy her request AND offer me something other an ANOTHER cake to whip up.
Layers of gooey brownie, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream. Topped off with our chocolate candies. Simple, quick to make, and oh so delicious!!! Best of all, it was a huge hit. Seriously... this couldn't be easier!
- 1 pan of Brownies, baked & cooled (my favorite recipe is HERE)
- 1 package of Chocolate Pudding, prepared
- 2 cups Whipping Cream, whipped
- Chocolate shavings or candies to top
If you have a tall, glass trifle dish you will have the prettiest presentation!
- Cut your brownies into small chunks. Divide your brownies, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream, into 3 equal parts.
- To your trifle dish (or container of choice), layer first 1 part brownies, 1 part chocolate pudding, then 1 part whipped cream. Repeat the layers in this order two more times. If you are using a trifle dish or another clear container, you can use a spatula to make sure the layers are nicely shown on the sides of the dish with each layer you add.
- Top your trifle with shaved chocolate curls or other candies of your choice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!!